Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by angrywooper <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/20 22:24:13 UTC

AMQ-5.1.0 with security enabled: Use of environment variables in login.conf

Hi,
Im configuring jaasAuthenticationPlugin, but I have problem using an
environment variable pointing to a dir outside the activemq installation
where I've put users and groups.properties files.
I've followed the guide  http://activemq.apache.org/security.html here.

The only modification I've done is in login.config where Im trying to use
the env var:
activemq-domain {
    org.apache.activemq.jaas.PropertiesLoginModule required
        debug=true

org.apache.activemq.jaas.properties.user="${SOME_ENV_VAR}/users.properties"

org.apache.activemq.jaas.properties.group="${SOME_ENV_VAR}/groups.properties";
};

When I start AMQ I get the following exception:

WARN  TransportConnection            - Failed to add Connection
java.lang.SecurityException: User name or password is invalid.
        at
org.apache.activemq.security.JaasAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(JaasAuthenticationBroker.java:83)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:81)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:88)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:662)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)
        at
org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:125)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:292)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:180)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:68)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:143)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:206)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:196)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: unable to expand property
SOME_ENV_VAR
        at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:93)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor19.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at
        at
javax.security.auth.login.Configuration$3.run(Configuration.java:246)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:241)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$1.run(LoginContext.java:237)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:234)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:403)
        at
org.apache.activemq.security.JaasAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(JaasAuthenticationBroker.java:75)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: unable to expand property SOME_ENV_VAR
        at
com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.parseLoginEntry(ConfigFile.java:411)
        at
com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.readConfig(ConfigFile.java:350)
        at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.init(ConfigFile.java:262)
        at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.init(ConfigFile.java:202)
        at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:91)
        ... 27 more

Someone got a good tips why I get this exception?