Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lucas Dias <lu...@ceabs.com.br> on 2013/12/16 19:45:48 UTC

Producer blocking on transacted message

Dear fellows,

I am trying to produce messages in batch (using transactions) on a producer.
I've set the ActiveMQSession as a non transacted Session
(Session.Non_transacted) and attempted to commit on every group of 50
messages.

However, considering a few situations we usually face here (package bursts,
etc) I've tried, without success, to configure my broker to operate in low
memory as given below:

<systemUsage>
            <systemUsage sendFailIfNoSpace="true">
                <memoryUsage>                    <memoryUsage limit="20
mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

When I call a session.commit(), however, my producer blocks. I've tried all
the available hints, setting sendFailIfNoSpace="true", set windowSize = 5120
and jms.alwaysSyncSend=true on the failover request url.

None of these hints seem to work for me. Surprisingly setting the windowSize
to 5120 was able to block during a message.send(), but I wasn't able to get
an Exception.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance.