Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/05/22 21:31:51 UTC

Re: 2.7.1 status

Been a while since 2.7.0 release.

I am going to do a scan of outstanding issues this weekend and start the push. There are 7 blockers/criticals as of now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12331550

I couldn't send notes to downstream projects as I originally anticipated. But from our internal testing with the latest releases/branches of other ecosystem projects like Hive, Pig, Oozie, I haven't yet seen any incompatible issues being reported. We also have done one preliminary round of rolling-upgrades testing which seems to have gone well.

Will post more results over this and next week. Has anyone else done any testing on 2.7.0? If so, please update here of your findings.

Hoping to get a release candidate out next week.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 23, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>> wrote:

As we talked before [1], I am going to start the push for 2.7.1 [2].

Here are the things I am going to do, with help from others in the community
 - Review current 2.7.1 content to make sure only bug fixes went in
 - Review 2.8 to see if any important bug fixes didn't get merged into 2.7.1
 - Send notes to downstream projects to see if they can pick up 2.7.0 mainly with a view of catching incompatibilities/critical issues

If you feel like there is an important fix that you need in 2.7.1, please mark it so on JIRA so we can coordinate the release timeline.

Also, it will be great if other community members share their testing results on 2.7.0 +, so that we can settle on a stable 2.7.1.

Thanks
+Vinod

[1]: A 2.7.1 release to follow up 2.7.0 http://markmail.org/thread/zwzze6cqqgwq4rmw

[2] JIRA filter I am using to track blockers/criticals: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12331550

Re: 2.7.1 status

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
Starting release process now.

Thanks
+Vinod

Re: 2.7.1 status

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: 2.7.1 status

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: 2.7.1 status

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: 2.7.1 status

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: 2.7.1 status

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>.
Hi Vinod,

Thank you for working to release 2.7!
YARN-3798 looks a critical issue for branch-2.7. I'll mark it as a
blocker of 2.7.1 if possible.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

Re: 2.7.1 status