Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com> on 2012/08/23 07:41:44 UTC

How to login to internal network through jmeter

What are the steps to follow in order to login to internal network (not
proxy server) through jmeter.

Thanks.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
KPMG is neither liable for the proper,
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.

RE: How to login to internal network through jmeter

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
Im using jmeter 2.7, you are right it seems jmeter is processing... how
can I see it? What it process? Why ?

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Ravinda. I really don't have any idea about why it's taking time when
you run first time.

Anyways but that additional time not going to reflect in your Jmeter
results. Off-course someone for Jmeter folks can help us to get the
answer.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Samaraweera, Ravinda <

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
Hi NIRAJ hope you would help me again...

Pls compare below logs log1 with log2, log one took 3 to 4 minutes but
log 1 runs quickly, see the log 1st line....
Pls help

LOG 2
--------
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Running
the test!
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.gui.util.JMeterMenuBar:
setRunning(true,*local*)
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Starting
5 threads for group Thread Group.
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Thread
will continue on error
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread started:
Thread Group 1-1
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: All
threads have been started
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread started:
Thread Group 1-2
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread started:
Thread Group 1-3
2012/08/23 14:05:12 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread started:
Thread Group 1-4
2012/08/23 14:05:13 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread started:
Thread Group 1-5
2012/08/23 14:05:21 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread
finished: Thread Group 1-2
2012/08/23 14:05:21 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending
thread Thread Group 1-2
2012/08/23 14:05:24 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread
finished: Thread Group 1-1
2012/08/23 14:05:24 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending
thread Thread Group 1-1
2012/08/23 14:05:26 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread
finished: Thread Group 1-3
2012/08/23 14:05:26 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending
thread Thread Group 1-3
2012/08/23 14:05:26 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread
finished: Thread Group 1-4
2012/08/23 14:05:26 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending
thread Thread Group 1-4
2012/08/23 14:05:27 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread
finished: Thread Group 1-5
2012/08/23 14:05:27 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Ending
thread Thread Group 1-5
2012/08/23 14:05:27 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine:
Notifying test listeners of end of test
2012/08/23 14:05:27 INFO  - jmeter.gui.util.JMeterMenuBar:
setRunning(false,*local*)
2012/08/23 14:05:27 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Test has
ended on host null

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
Small correction not HTTP AM  it is HTTP HM

When I close the jmeter and open it , it waits for 3 to 4 minutes then
run the script (HTTP HM authentication seems works) but still it waits
for along time, when I access the site through FF browser it is very
fast. (2sec).

If I run the script without closing and opening jmeter for 1 more time
then it quite fast (runs normal)

I have just put HTTP HM just after the Thread group, also tried putting

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
yes

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.
Is it HTTP authentication?

Posted by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com>.
Lets say I use Firefox

When I try to access internal web application is asks
http://servername/defaultwebpage username & pwd

When I try to use internet it asks proxy authentication
"proxy2.domain:8080" requesting username & pwd

what does your browser do? when you open the browser how does it login
the
internal network

Himanshu

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Samaraweera, Ravinda <

Posted by Himanshu Ghai <hi...@gmail.com>.
what does your browser do? when you open the browser how does it login to