Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by An...@mn.man.de on 2003/05/05 17:06:29 UTC

Please Help: Antwort: RE: Cactus 1.4.1 using WebSphere 5.0

I did not know that it is no longer possible to simulate
HTTP-Requests to a HttpServer with version 1.1 of HTTP
like it was in 1.0 using Telnet (.

Sorry wasting your time ... but I can't solve this for almost three days
now.

Anyway the output of the cactus-log is different for running my tests
against websphere
in comparison with tomcat.
Again, I use the same Cactus client configuration for both Servlet-Engines,
the same application and the same build file. The important thing for the
WebSphere-Environment
is that the URL

http://localhost:8080/mandeploymantwebapp/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testExecuteDeploymantActionSuccess&
Cactus_TestClass=iutest.de.man.mn.pcm.deploymant.struts.action.DeploymantActionTest&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST

which fails in the junit task succeeds using InternetExplorer 6.0.26 and
Netscape (empty screen).
If I request just the RedirectorServlet using the Netscape Browser on the
WebSPhere machine
      http://localhost:8080/mandeploymantwebapp/ServletRedirector?
I receive an error 500 (Error 500: Missing service name parameter
[Cactus_Service] in HTTP request. Received query string is [null].)
which should be fine. The junit tasks fails with error 404. Please see the
logs below.

The Tomcat-Files:

(See attached file: log4j_cactus.log)

The WebSphere-Files:

(See attached file: log4j_cactus.log)(See attached file: build.log)

### junit-task ###

    <junit
      printsummary="yes"
      haltonfailure="no" failureproperty="test-failed"
      fork="yes"

        <classpath>
            <!-- The Servlet API jar -->
            <pathelement location="
${global.was.extlib.dir}/JavaJ2ee_r1-3.jar"/>

            <!-- all libraries needed by this project      -->
            <fileset dir="${global.src.dir}/${web-inf.dir}/lib">
              <include name="*.jar"/>
              <include name="*.zip"/>
            </fileset>

            <!-- all classes of this project               -->
            <pathelement location="${global.build.dir}"/>
        </classpath>
        <formatter type="xml" usefile="true"/>

        <!-- test name="your.package.YourTestCaseClass1"/ -->
        <jvmarg value="-Dlog4j.configuration=file:
${global.dev.dir}/log4j.properties"/>
        <test
          name="de.man.mn.sys.test.MANJUnitUnitTest"
          haltonerror="no"
          outfile="./doc/UnitTestReport"
        />
        <test
          name="de.man.mn.sys.test.MANJUnitIntegrationTest"
          haltonerror="no"
          outfile="./doc/IntegrationTestReport"
        />
    </junit>

###

Thanks so much for any help.

A. Grimm

Anton Grimm
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
IDP - Software Produktionsumgebungen
Dachauerstr.667
D - 80995 München

Fon:       +49-89-1580-1054
Fax:       +49-89-1580-911054
mailto:    Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de
Internet: http://www.man-trucks.com

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment
from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the
contents to any other person.

Moderation queue for gmane posts (was RE: Please Help: Antwort: RE: Cactus 1.4.1 using WebSphere 5.0)

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

I don't think so as I haven't seen any in the moderation queue.

-Vincent

Re: Please Help: Antwort: RE: Cactus 1.4.1 using WebSphere 5.0

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.

Anton_Grimm@mn.man.de wrote:

> I did not know that it is no longer possible to simulate
> HTTP-Requests to a HttpServer with version 1.1 of HTTP
> like it was in 1.0 using Telnet (.

It is, you just need to provide a Host header:

$ telnet localhost 8080
GET /ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST
Host: localhost

BTW, I could imagine your problem having to do with virtual hosting.
You're using a real host name for Tomcat, but 'localhost' for WebSpere
AFAICT. WebSphere is replying as running on 'mm009436', so maybe the
Cactus context is deployed a virtual host that doesn't match 'localhost'.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de