Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stanislas Pinte <st...@wanadoo.be> on 2000/11/22 10:15:02 UTC

enhydra make and xmlc tasks

hello,

has anyone got a task to be used to create a new enhydra project, or to use
the XMLC compiler?

STan

Stanislas Pinte
Software engineer - Trademine-europe
Tel: 00 32 486 67 78 86

Re: enhydra make and xmlc tasks

Posted by Stanislas Pinte <st...@wanadoo.be>.
Let's go now!

Stan

Would  some ones want to collaborate with me on that?

Stan

Posted by Stanislas Pinte <st...@wanadoo.be>.
What I had in mind was to build an Ant task for xmlc, being totally
non-intrusive to enhydra, and enabling the user
to use the standard xmlc, specifying all enhydra-needed properties.

So I guess no license issues in that case, right?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 09:37  22/11/00 +1100, you wrote:
>Pete,
>
>A fair while ago, William G Thompson submitted a task for xmlc. He had
>made some changes to xmlc for it to work with ant and he included this
>updated xmlc.jar file. This file includes gnu.regexp.* classes.

actually now I remember ... took ages for that mail to download ;)

>At the time, I had heard that there were some issues with APL/GPL/LGPL,
>so I asked him if this was an issue. He stated that the gnu.regexp
>classes were LGPL so he thought there was no problem. I wasn't so sure
>and asked the list (and Duncan) for clarification. I didn't get much
>feedback.

I think the LGPL is fine if it is in binary form only. Turbine/James/Cocoon
etc rely on LGPLed libraries.

>I don't whether Enhydra is using these classes or just William and what
>that all means for an ant xmlc task. I'm not even sure about the
>interaction between the APL and the Enhydra licence.

I *think* that it is fine if to "use" xmlc if we do not modify it. If there
needs to be modifications made the xmlc then they need to be done outside
of apache CVS (preferrably at enhydra thou if not at somewhere else). Thou
IANAL ;) So if the task can be written just using a prebuilt xmlc binary it
would be considered a "Larger Work" and only the xmlc is covered by
OPL/Enhydra license.

Thats my guess but it would be good to seek clarification.

Cheers,

Pete

RE: How to pass arguments to a custom doclet

Posted by "J. Matthew Pryor" <jm...@verveinc.com>.
RTFWWW, I answered my own question :

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/javadoc/overview.html#options

jmp

Posted by Chris Todd <ch...@christophertodd.com>.
If it is the gnu.regexp.* classes that are the only licensing issue, why not
simply replace them with jakarta-ORO?

Sincerest regards,
Chris Todd
Software Engineer