Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Paolo Forte <pf...@productionspa.it> on 2014/01/17 17:26:41 UTC

read from a Derby db with only "SEQ0" forlder and "service.properties" file

Hi,

I'm Paolo Forte,sorry for my bad English;

I'm not a developer but there is an application software in my farm that use Derby Db;

The pc is crashed but I have a copy of "seq0" folder and "service.properties" file;

The db under application software is ok but for some settings it doesn't work sometime;

Is there any method to read from the db like sql, I tried with Razorsql but there is not driver to work with it, it display a message that the verion NULL cannot upgrade to version 10.5;

Please, I cannot loose this db because there's 5 months of my collegue works on this db;

Very Thanks

By

Paolo Forte

PRODUCTION GROUP SRL
* Office  +39 0823 821641
7 Fax     +39 0823 821325
* E-mail: pforte@productionspa.it<BL...@productionspa.it>

"Le informazioni e i contenuti di questa email hanno carattere riservato e sono indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Nel caso di erronea trasmissione Vi invitiamo, ai  sensi del Dlg. 196/2003 (Legge sulla Privacy), a dare comunicazione dell'errato ricevimento all'indirizzo e-mail del mittente, nonchè a provvedere alla distruzione del documento erroneamente ricevuto.
Il mittente non è responsabile per i dati comunicati e conosciuti contravvenendo a questo invito"
"The information and content of this email are confidential and addressed only to the recipient. In case of erroneous transmission we invite you, pursuant to Dlg. 196/2003 (Privacy Act), to give notice of the incorrect receipt to the email address of the sender, as well as to ensure the destruction of the document received erroneously. The sender is not responsible for information communicated and known in contravention to this request.."

Re: read from a Derby db with only "SEQ0" forlder and "service.properties" file

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 1/17/14 8:26 AM, Paolo Forte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m Paolo Forte,sorry for my bad English;
>
> I’m not a developer but there is an application software in my farm
> that use Derby Db;
>
> The pc is crashed but I have a copy of “seq0” folder and
> "service.properties" file;
>
> The db under application software is ok but for some settings it
> doesn’t work sometime;
>
> Is there any method to read from the db like sql, I tried with
> Razorsql but there is not driver to work with it, it display a message
> that the verion NULL cannot upgrade to version 10.5;

Hi Paolo,

Hopefully, there is also a log directory parallel to seg0 and
service.properties. If so, then you should be able to use "ij", Derby's
interactive SQL tool in order to connect to the database and issue SQL.
That tool is described in the Derby Tools Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/tools/index.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick