Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vo...@magiccode.eu on 2008/04/23 12:26:54 UTC

ExecAndWait and Validation

Hello s2-users,

I have a quite interesting problem an hope, anyone of you could give me a hint:

I am using the ExecAndWait-Interceptor to show a progress-page when searching for customers.
If this search takes longer than a second, the progress page is shown. So far everything is fine.
My action class implements the validate() - method to check the users input(i.e. if at least one search criterion is entered)
This works fine only if the progress page is not (!) shown. If so, my validate-routine cannot access the entered customer-no anymore an so shows an error. (this only happens if execAndWait gets active).

Any suggestions how to solve this problem ?
Is there a way to check if execandwait has run before validating ?

regards

  Volker