Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kumar5 <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/29 19:27:44 UTC

camel 2.16.2 distributed tracing

I am using camel 2.16.2.  how in interceptor code I will be knowing that new
thread is  created and that created thread is closed . because I want to use
spring sleuth for distributed  tracing and I have to create new span in
camel interceptor every new thread and close span when that particular
thread  is  closed and keeping same traceId as main thread.

Re: camel 2.16.2 distributed tracing

Posted by garybarker <ga...@first-utility.com>.
Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
> You may want to take a look at the new camel-zipkin component
> http://camel.apache.org/camel-zipkin

Claus,
Is there a way to use the sleuth/dapper part of this solution without having
a zipkin collector available. I would like to use the span processing to add
the correlation ids in my logs (logstash) but not to use a zipkin collector.

Thank you

Re: camel 2.16.2 distributed tracing

Posted by kumar5 <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks lot Claus, I am looking into it.

Re: camel 2.16.2 distributed tracing

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You may want to take a look at the new camel-zipkin component
http://camel.apache.org/camel-zipkin

There is a little example here
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/examples/camel-example-zipkin

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:27 PM, kumar5 <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using camel 2.16.2.  how in interceptor code I will be knowing that new
> thread is  created and that created thread is closed . because I want to use
> spring sleuth for distributed  tracing and I have to create new span in
> camel interceptor every new thread and close span when that particular
> thread  is  closed and keeping same traceId as main thread.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus