Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io> on 2014/12/01 17:39:50 UTC

Graduating github.com/mesos/mesos-go to pure bindings

Hi all,

Here is a heads up for some potentially breaking changes to the
github.com/mesos/mesos-go repo structure.

We have been working on pure Mesos bindings for Go for a while now and we
are in a position where people should use that instead of the
"native"/libmesos one we originally wrote.

So far, we have been working out of a feature branch called "pure" [1]
*TL;DR *In order to use the go tool chain to pull the new bindings as a
dependency, we need to make this our master.
This will, unfortunately, not build old Mesos Go frameworks out of the box.

Folks who are still using the native bindings and/or wants to continue
using them, can use a new branch called "native" [2] which you can either
manually switch your checkout to point to or use godep to point against the
sha.

We plan on making the move by end of week, so let us know is this cause
severe problems for you which may push the switch further out in the future.

Thanks,
Niklas

[1] https://github.com/mesos/mesos-go/tree/pure
[2] https://github.com/mesos/mesos-go/tree/native

Re: Graduating github.com/mesos/mesos-go to pure bindings

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Huge +1, thanks Niklas!

--
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

Re: Graduating github.com/mesos/mesos-go to pure bindings

Posted by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io>.