Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 14:30:51 UTC

Re: State of the project

Hi Dennis,

Speaking only for myself here, I still support Click by answering
questions, however I don''t currently do any development on it, partly
because it does what I expect from a web framework but also because my time
is currently limited for doing open source development.

There are a couple of fixes and features so a new release should be put out.

Before we can release we need to look at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-306

I think a commit was done but MVEL doesn't pass all the tests, so might
need to be rolled back?

In terms of reviving the project I assume you mean regular releases and new
features. It really boils down to folk deciding on some features they want,
someone writing the code or submit patches and cutting new releases.

Kind regards

Bob

On 2013/04/07 23:33, Dennis M. J. Yerger wrote:

Hello, everyone. The last version of Click was released in April of
2011. We are quickly approaching the two-year mark since that release.
There has not been another release since then, which can mean only one
thing: we've done it! We've created a Web framework so perfect it
doesn't need any further updates. Jokes aside, the state of the
project seems to be dormant or stagnant. This concerns me because I
think it has great potential. Compared to Wicket, Click has a more
intuitive programming model similar to Swing. However, Wicket enjoys
an active community while Click has languished for the past nearly two
years, which means a lack of support. What is the future of this
project? What can we do to revive it?