Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Ramirez, Paul M (398N)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2017/12/14 03:55:10 UTC

Re: Apache OODT balance framework

Hyun,

Looks like pear.apache.org was shut down.

http://apache-logging.6191.n7.nabble.com/NOTICE-pear-apache-org-is-being-shut-down-April-20th-2017-td75208.html

The sentiment on that list was that the packages should be hosted somewhere else. I don’t know much about PHP. I wonder if the pear packages build from source. If not I’d suggest find the packages installed somewhere and working to host them somewhere that pear can find. Potentially the site suggested in that list. It would be great if you did this and then updated the build information via a patch.

It would be helpful if you could also open a Jira ticket to log this issue and any details that describe how (i.e. commands) you were using to build.

Unfortunately I’ve never written a line of PHP so take the above with a grain of salt.

HTH,
Paul
_____________________________
Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Team, Balance isn’t a part of Apache anymore, see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-837
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-836

So, fixing it would only be possible in a release older than
1.1. and on that branch.

Cheers,
Chris

On 12/14/17, 12:54 AM, "lewis john mcgibbney" <le...@apache.org> wrote:

    I recently wrote the packing code for the Sitepod project, which is a
    Sitemap generator written in PHP. For those interested they can see the
    source at [0].
    For the build and dependency management I used composer [1] and packagist
    [2] to host the release distribution artifact.
    @Yun, if your current project requires use of the OODT Balance PHP
    framework then I would encourage you to spend a day researching composer
    and packagist then simply sending a pull request for bring it up to date.
    We could then possibly push a backdated 'release' of the artifact or else
    vote on a new release such that releasing balance to packagist becomes the
    normal procedures inline with every OODT release.
    Hth
    Lewis

    [0] https://github.com/nasa/sitepod
    [1] https://getcomposer.org/
    [2] https://packagist.org/packages/nasa/sitepod

    http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
    @hectorMcSpector
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

Re: Apache OODT balance framework

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
My advice is to use the Wicket-based components and web apps which are
still actively maintained.

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.