Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vyang <vy...@apt-cafm.com> on 2007/08/06 23:52:40 UTC

text box

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to get the box around text.  For example,
I've have some text, and when I select it there is like a box around it.  Is
this box a bounding box? Would I be able to grab this box?  Any help is much
appreciated.  Thanks.

vyang

Re: text box

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Vyang,

vyang <vy...@apt-cafm.com> wrote on 08/06/2007 05:52:40 PM:

> I was wondering if there is a way to get the box around text.  For
example,
> I've have some text, and when I select it there is like a box around it.
 Is
> this box a bounding box?

    Yes, this is (roughly) the bounding box.  You can call 'getBBox' on
the text element in the DOM Assuming the CSS and SVG DOM have been booted
(check the wiki for details).

> Would I be able to grab this box?

    I don't know what you mean by this.