Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2006/06/21 10:57:23 UTC

Any recursive composition sample?

The last few weeks we've been talking about composites and recursive
composition so much... and today I looked for a sample showing the new
recursive composition model in our whole code base, including the head
and our various sandboxes... and couldn't find any. I think it'll help
all of us get our heads around this new model if we can see a few
samples. Could somebody point me to a recursive composition sample if we
have any and I missed it?

Is anybody curious and interested in trying to port a few of our
existing samples to the new recursive model? I guess the update of the
SCA spec describing the recursive composition is not public yet, but the
materials presented at JavaOne are public as far as I know, and should
be sufficient to develop samples leveraging the new recursive
composition model.

If anybody is interested in developing sample scenarios that demonstrate
the value of the recursive composition, please let me know, we can work
together on this. I'd like to start this activity in parallel with the
SPI analysis work that I'm currently doing.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Any recursive composition sample?

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Thanks for volunteering! The Spring container that Ken is working on
will demonstrate how composites function. However, just to be
accurate, we do not have *any* samples in core2 yet - it's not just a
question about recursion.  If people want to develop them and help
out that would be greatly appreciated. The reason we don't have them
is because when I develop code I prefer writing test cases and using
those instead. It's great if people want to volunteer their effort to
create samples though.

Jim

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Yea that sounds good in terms of the really simple samples. I'd like
to have a "slim" BigBank that just shows SCA though since I think it
is important that people realize they can pick and choose
technologies. I probably imagine SDO and DAS would say the same thing
about SCA too.

Jim

Posted by cr22rc <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

Posted by cr22rc <cr...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to help out on this and also the SPI analysis work you spoke
of.  Per the samples I had some thoughts that instead of just jumping
straight to them is to add some more for  "baby steps" in bring up.  For
example I'd like to see as starters in a J2SE  environment the very
simplest of composite with a Java component being loaded with the
minimal amount of any wiring.  I was wondering if I could use the
initeager to somehow just have it instantiate a single instance  that
would  you  guessed it display  "hello  world" to console.  Not sure if
that is possible still learning some of this code.  If we could get that
to work first it would be great for all to use in a debugger to see the
system boot strap it self.  From there move on to converting the other
samples.   I think with bigbank  we'll need to maybe think (brain storm)
some on how to best exhibit the new recursive model.  I think we'll want