Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Terri Sterr <te...@cpa.state.tx.us> on 2002/09/20 20:50:55 UTC

404 not found error

I am running tomcat 4.1.10, apache 1.3.26 on aix 433.  I believe I have successfully compiled the 4.1.10 connector, mod_jk.so, but I'm having the following problem.

http://localhost:8080/examples

works just fine.

http://localhost/examples

works just fine.

http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

works just fine.  However

http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

returns a 404 not found error.

Apache's error_log reports the following.
[Fri Sep 20 13:14:23 2002] [error] [client 204.64.66.192] File does not exist: /usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.10/webapps/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

It is not finding the real path which is /usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.10/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/HelloWorldExample

I have been researching this for days.  If anyone knows the answer to what's wrong, please respond.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 404 Examples Resource Not FoundI

Posted by Frank <fl...@attbi.com>.
I Just installed Catalina 4.1.10 on my Max X <Darwin Kernel out off the
command line) and it seems to be operating correctly, except,  I can not
access my  /examples/jsp/  or /examples/servlets/  directories.  It I get a
404 error saying

#######################################
HTTP Status 404 - /examples/jsp/

type Status report

message /examples/jsp/

description The requested resource (/examples/jsp/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/4.1.10

Everything else works, the admin,  and root folder work, and they both
compile and run .jsp files so I know Tomcat is up and running.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank You very Much
Frank LaLone

404 Examples Resource Not FoundI