Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "joea@j4computers.com" <jo...@j4computers.com> on 2012/03/27 16:21:05 UTC

submitting samples

I see that, to report SPAM and have spamassassin "learn",  I can do "spamassassin -r < message.txt".

However, it is not clear what form "message.txt" should take.   Since, by the time my mail client receives the missed SPAM, it has been altered from its "native" internet email form, I will have to save it as text and submit it.

I can rather handily view the "message source" which includes the "mail hop" info as well as the message body.  (aka Mime.822 ?).   I suspect that would be Too Much Information.

Guidance?

Re: submitting samples

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 03/27/2012 04:21 PM, joea@j4computers.com wrote:
> I see that, to report SPAM and have spamassassin "learn",  I can do
> "spamassassin -r<  message.txt".
>
> However, it is not clear what form "message.txt" should take.
> Since, by the time my mail client receives the missed SPAM, it has
> been altered from its "native" internet email form, I will have to
> save it as text and submit it.
>
> I can rather handily view the "message source" which includes the
> "mail hop" info as well as the message body.  (aka Mime.822 ?).   I
> suspect that would be Too Much Information.
>
> Guidance?

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReportingSpam

the most efficient is to report to spamcop only:

http://www.spamcop.net/anonsignup.shtml

IMPORTANT: read the whole thing before blasting reports

Re: submitting samples - empty link

Posted by "joea@j4computers.com" <jo...@j4computers.com>.
However, this link ->  http://gtmp.org/doku.php/pub_sa-postfix.en.html

says there is nothing to see here . . . move along . . . move along . . .

>>> "joea@j4computers.com" <jo...@j4computers.com> 03/27/12 10:27 AM >>>
And, if I had read a bit further, I would have seen the bit about setting up postfix alias(s) for just this purpose.

Sorry for the bother.   Still, suggestions welcome.

>>> "joea@j4computers.com" <jo...@j4computers.com> 03/27/12 10:23 AM >>>

Re: submitting samples