Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2000/12/10 04:54:16 UTC

Re: A coupl'a bugs

>      Hmmm... okay, if you say so.  I *thought* that the original code
> should have handled that case, but maybe I'm wrong.  (I could go get
> the original code out of CVS, I suppose, but that's probably more
> effort than this issue is worth).

I don't remember well either.

> > I think I know why. I just commited a quick fix (basically, I'm setting
> > content length AND I'm chunking). I think I'll handle the content length
> > separately, and add a int Method.getContentLength() and
> > Method.setContentLength(int contentLength). I'll use the content length
> > determine if I should chunk.
>
> Remy!  You're brilliant!

I suppose it's a follow up to :

>> BTW, I love the Property interface. It makes the properties parsing
>> ridiculously easy to extend, and it will make my life a lot easier when I
>> add support for DAV ACL :)
>
>     Oooo.  Ego-boos.  I like that. :-)

I guess next time I want to tell you that you're doing a great job, I'll
really have to overdo it ;))

I haven't seen any reports lately on the core HTTP functionality (except
that DIGEST is missing, and other things like that), so I assume that
everything is ok now. If you have a bug report, please post it on the list.
I'll post M5 tomorrow. It includes all the HTTP client fixes, as well as a
few other things.

BTW, is someone working on the command line client ? It would be very
helpful for testing, and I didn't hear from Dave in a while.

Remy