Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/02 22:28:29 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Combining Arrow C++ development process with Apache Parquet C++

With 5 binding +1 vote, the motion carries.

I have prepared a rebased version of the merge with the commit history
preserved, while files unrelated to the primary Parquet source tree
have been excised with git filter-branch

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/2453

There are some things in apache/parquet-cpp that have been left behind
by this surgery, but I think we can address them in follow up patches,
and this maintains > 95% of the code history that is valuable for `git
blame` purposes.

I need to do a bit of work to get this integrated with our CI, but I
would like some feedback on this so we can be prepared to pull the
trigger in the coming days.