Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Doug Bateman <do...@dougbateman.net> on 2005/10/04 07:05:46 UTC

Re: Errors during getting started

Joining the thread...

I just installed JetSpeed tonight, following the instructions at
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started.html (track 4, using
the Maven-Plugin).  And I get the same error.  Tracking the spew of log
error messages, it boils down to this error in jetspeed.log:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException:
Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletRenderer' defined in ServletContext
resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency
expressed through constructor argument with index 2 of type
[org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.WorkerMonitor]: Did you specify the correct
bean references as generic constructor arguments?
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createArgumentArray(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:629)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:502)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:306)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:260)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:221)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:145)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.resolveReference(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:980)
 ... 47 more

I track this error down to the jetspeed-spring.xml line:
    <!-- Portlet Renderer -->
    <bean id="org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletRenderer"
class="org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletRendererImpl"
init-method="start"
        destroy-method="stop">
        <constructor-arg>
            <ref bean="org.apache.pluto.PortletContainer" />
        </constructor-arg>
        <constructor-arg>
            <ref
bean="org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.PortletWindowAccessor" />
        </constructor-arg>
    </bean>

I then run javap on org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletRendererImpl
to see what the constructor requires...
    package org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl;
    public class org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletRendererImpl
      implements org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletRenderer
    {
      public PortletRendererImpl(org.apache.pluto.PortletContainer,
        org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.PortletWindowAccessor,
        org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.WorkerMonitor);
      //...
    }

It appears there has been a new constructor argument added to
PortletRendererImpl that isn't being set in jetspeed-spring.xml.  I dug
further, looking for something in the jetspeed-spring.xml that might work,
and there isn't a WorkerMonitor object being initialized in the
jetspeed-spring.xml at all.

Bottom line... The latest version of the Maven-Plugin is broken.  To clarify
what I mean by latest version, I mean the version installed by "maven
-DartifactId=maven-jetspeed2-plugin -DgroupId=jetspeed2
-Dversion=2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT plugin:download" as given in the instructions.
Should be using a different version perhaps?

Looking at the rest of this thread, it appears people were able to download
a working binary install of JetSpeed.  So that's where I'm going to go next.

Doug