Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2011/01/04 20:08:40 UTC

Replication: abort-fetch and restarting

Hi,

It seems abort-fetch nicely removes the index directory which i'm replicating
to which is fine. Restarting, however, does not trigger the the same feature as
the abort-fetch command does. At least, that's what my tests seems to tell me.

Shouldn't a restart of Solr nicely clean up the mess before exiting? And,
shouldn't starting Solr also look for mess left behind by a possible sudden
shutdown of the server at which the mess obviously cannot get cleaned?

If i now stop, clean and start my slave it will attempt to download an
existing index. If i abort-fetch it will clean up the mess and (due to low
interval polling) make another attempt. If i, however, restart (instead of
abort-fetch) the old temporary directory will stay and needs to be deleted
manually.

Cheers,
--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17

Re: Replication: abort-fetch and restarting

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Any thoughts on this one? Should i add a ticket?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Issue created: