Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com> on 2020/05/20 05:08:16 UTC

Flyway upgrade requires enterprise version

Flyway 6+ requires enterprise edition...

MariaDB 5.5 is no longer supported by Flyway Community Edition, but still
supported by Flyway Enterprise Edition.

This breaks the Apache license also.

Re: Flyway upgrade requires enterprise version

Posted by Terence Monteiro <te...@sanjosesolutions.in>.
On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:27 AM Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 7:09 AM Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Flyway 6+ requires enterprise edition...
>>
>> MariaDB 5.5 is no longer supported by Flyway Community Edition, but still
>> supported by Flyway Enterprise Edition.
>>
> Are you talking about MariaDB upstream version or a packaged distribution?
I've been using MariaDB from Debian repositories probably from the past 10
years and I've always ever used versions 10.0+

> yup, we were previously talking about that on the "Migration to latest"
> thread.
>
> I concur with what Vishwas already stated there - I don't see this as a
> real problem for Apache Fineract.

Yes, if we are talking about MySQL 5.5 or an equivalent, considering that
we can easily migrate any database running on this version to a later
version, this shouldn't be an issue.

>  This breaks the Apache license also.
>>
> This doesn't make any sense to me. Flyway is also available under the
Apache license v2[1] and we can easily run Fineract on more recent version
of MariaDB if we want. Further, Fineract uses ASL for source code licensing
and Fineract has no source code dependency on any DBMS so there is no way
this can break license compatibility imo.

-Terence.

[1] https://flywaydb.org/licenses/flyway-community

> How so? I doubt it.

Personally I am very happy for whoever founded Flyway to have identified a

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.