Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/18 20:24:27 UTC

Getting Data from S3

Hi,

I was wondering if Flume supports retrieving data from an S3 bucket and
sinking into HDFS. The s3 bucket is getting updated on a regular basis so I
would like for flume to catch any changes on s3 and move them accordingly.
 I have seen a lot of documentation on using S3 as a sink but I haven't been
able to find anything going the other way. Is this even possible?

Thanks
Jonathan

Re: Getting Data from S3

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Jonathan,

This isn't available out-of-the-box currently but one could create a custom
source that can grab data from s3.

This would be an interesting source plugin. (I've thought about building
something similar that uses an hdfs dir as a source).

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera