Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Alexandre Dupriez <al...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/16 11:19:13 UTC

Re: Kafka Definitive guide v2 states auto.leader.rebalance.enable = true is not recommended

Hi Liam,

The property you referred to corresponds to partition leadership, not
ownership from consumers. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4084 for a discussion
about why post-incident leader rebalance can sometimes impact
foreground traffic.

Thanks,
Alexandre