Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> on 2005/03/10 10:34:57 UTC

[patch] javadoc/html Upper->lowercase

- lowercase tags
- removed some nesting

I'm seeing a lot of empty default constructors.  Is there a policy for
keeping these?  I get moans about uncommented empty blocks, but I'd
rather remove them if they aren't required

Kev

Re: [patch] javadoc/html Upper->lowercase

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.

Kev Jackson wrote:
> - lowercase tags
> - removed some nesting
>
> I'm seeing a lot of empty default constructors.  Is there a policy for
> keeping these?  I get moans about uncommented empty blocks, but I'd
> rather remove them if they aren't required

It is dangerous to remove default constructors. If you rely on an
implicit default constructor and someone comes and adds a new
constructor to a class, the implicit default constructor silently goes
away. Since a lot of instance in Ant are constructed by reflection, this
will not necessarily cause compilation errors. IOW, default constructors
are required and probably should be specified in all cases rather than
relying on the implicit version.

Conor

Re: [patch] javadoc/html Upper->lowercase

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing a lot of empty default constructors.  Is there a policy
> for keeping these?

None that I was aware of.

Things I did not commit:

> +
> +        //use Java5 funtionality to get environment
> +        if (JavaEnvUtils.getJavaVersion().equals(JavaEnvUtils.JAVA_1_5)) {
> +            procEnvironment.addAll(System.getenv().entrySet());
> +            return procEnvironment;
> +

and the tabs you introduced 8-)

Please make sure that you don't have any tabs in your patches and
restict lines to 80 characters.

Cheers

        Stefan