Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sky Torch <sk...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/24 07:06:56 UTC

General Question about Cocoon

Hello,

can someone give me some info about the following
questions? thanks in advance.

1. in cocoon, XML file is for content provider, what
about XSL part? how can graphics designer work on
look and feel with only XSL style sheet or who's
supposed to provide XSL style sheet ?

2. can someone work on look and feel with the style
sheet directly? it seems that you can only see how
it looks at runtime. so you have to work agaist runtime
env instead of static env.

3. is there any tool to help user to design XSL style
sheet and see the output of the XML + XSL before runtime.
that'll see a lot of dev efforts.

-sky

Re: General Question about Cocoon

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Thu, 24 May 2001, Sky Torch wrote:

> 1. in cocoon, XML file is for content provider, what
> about XSL part? how can graphics designer work on
> look and feel with only XSL style sheet or who's
> supposed to provide XSL style sheet ?

The developer/webmaster has to translate HTML files sent to him by
designers into appropriate stylesheets.

> 3. is there any tool to help user to design XSL style
> sheet and see the output of the XML + XSL before runtime.

There are some, but it is much easier and less error-prone to test with
Cocoon itself (on a test system of course!)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung