Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Parker <dp...@utica.edu> on 2017/06/07 00:05:33 UTC

Adding a Basic Authentication user fails with 404

Hello,

I am running a stand-alone instance of Solr 6.5 (without ZooKeeper).  I am
attempting to implement Basic Authentication per the documentation, but
when I try to use the API to add a user, I get a 404 error.  It seems the
/admin/authentication API entry point isn't there:

$ curl --user solr:SolrRocks http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/authentication
-H 'Content-type:application/json' -d '{"set-user": {"myuser" :
"mypasswd"}}'
<head>
<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
</head>

But according to the documentation, the API entry point is
admin/authentication, and it states the following:

"This endpoint is not collection-specific, so users are created for the
entire Solr cluster. If users need to be restricted to a specific
collection, that can be done with the authorization rules."

The only thing which stands out to me is "users are created for the entire
Solr cluster."  Is this entry point missing because I'm running Solr
stand-alone?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

    - Dave

--
Dave Parker
Database & Systems Administrator

Re: Adding a Basic Authentication user fails with 404

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Please chk if it is not due to 6.5 which is fixed in 6.6