Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2010/11/08 18:55:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release XML Security 1.4.4

Hi,

This is a vote to release XML Security (Java) 1.4.4. This distribution
was built from the following svn tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/santuario/tags/J_1_4_4/

The changelog is here:

http://people.apache.org/~coheigea/stage/xmlsec/1.4.4/site/changes.html

The distribution is here:

http://people.apache.org/~coheigea/stage/xmlsec/1.4.4/dist/

The maven artifacts are here:

http://people.apache.org/~coheigea/stage/xmlsec/1.4.4/maven/

Here is my +1 (binding).

Thanks,

Colm.

Re: [VOTE] Release XML Security 1.4.4

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
+1

Cheers,
        Berin

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
> One question this brings to my mind though is, should xmlsec really be tied
> to xerces and xalan (the missing class is from xalan)?

In my opinion, no. After this release goes out I plan on starting a
discussion about what we want to do/change for 1.5. One of the things
on my list is to move to JDK 1.5, and drop compile time Xalan
dependencies.

Colm.

Posted by Chad La Joie <la...@itumi.biz>.
Okay, false alarm I think.  It appears that something was just horked up
with my test env.

One question this brings to my mind though is, should xmlsec really be
tied to xerces and xalan (the missing class is from xalan)?  Looks like

Posted by Chad La Joie <la...@itumi.biz>.
Hey Colm,

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Sorry, but this came in too late to be considered for 1.4.4. We need
to have a think about how we want to fully support ECDSA and XML
Signature 1.1 after this release goes out.

Colm.

Posted by Alex Dupre <al...@FreeBSD.org>.

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
+1

-- Scott

Re: [VOTE] Release XML Security 1.4.4

Posted by eric fu <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Colm,

It will be great if this feature is considered, and I am interested in it.
But going through legal permission from my employer, IBM, is lengthy. I can
start to look into the process to see what is required(or if that is
possible) if contributing on my own time.

Eric

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by eric fu <er...@gmail.com>.