Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Miguel <mc...@moviquity.com> on 2009/01/28 09:29:08 UTC

Apache directory server

Hello,

I have read the tutorial but I am missing one thing. How to create
groups, new entries and that kind of things.

could you explain me how could do it or where to find the information?

Thank you very much,

Miguel

Re: Apache directory server

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Miguel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have read the tutorial but I am missing one thing. How to create
> groups, new entries and that kind of things.

This is not present in the tutorial (maybe it should ?) as we consider
that it's not specific to ADS. As soon as ADS has been installed, you
have a full compliant LDAP server. You can create entries the way you do
for any other LDAP servers.
> could you explain me how could do it or where to find the information?

You have many LDAP tutorials on the web. Some books are also good.

Apache Directory Studio also provides a good tutorials explaining how to
use it to create new entries :
http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/

The SUN JNDI tutorial is also one of the best if you want to manipulate
a LDAP server programatically.

Hope it helps.

PS: If you have more specific questions, feel free to post again with
more details.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Apache directory server

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Miguel,

You might be interested by Apache Directory Studio [1] and it's LDAP
Browser's userguide [2].

Generally, groups are entries of type "groupOfNames" and
"groupOfUniqueNames" in which you put the DNs of the members.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://directory.apache.org/studio/
[2] - http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/