Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/04 09:19:47 UTC

[checkstyle plugin] Custom checks not found

>From previous postings, I see that earlier versions of the checkstyle plugin did not support the
use of custom checks.  I have version 2.1 of the plugin and I can see that plugin.jelly has been
corrected to include a path reference to maven.dependency.classpath in the checkstyle task.

However, I am encountering the problem that this correction is supposed to fix.  I have placed a
jar file with a custom check in my dependency list (in my projects project.xml file), but the
plugin fails with a message indicating that it cannot instantiate my custom check.  I am using
rc-1.  I have placed an echo call in the plugin.jelly file to verify that it is indeed using the
correct plugin, echoing the dependency path to my jar file, which is indicating the correct
location of my jar file in my local repository.  What can I do to debug this problem?

Cheers,
Chuck