Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com> on 2017/06/16 05:40:17 UTC

ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Hi

I have noticed that some of the ApacheCon slides are in .odp format:

http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgrades%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp
http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encrypt%20Apache%20Tomcat.odp

The .odp format does not work for me because it is for OpenOffice (I don't have OpenOffice installed on my Mac OS), and neither Pages and Microsoft PowerPoint could open it.

I am wondering that should it be convert it to a more universal format like pdf, so that more people can open it without any confusion.

Thanks,
Huxing

Re: ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Hi Chris,

Works for me, thanks!

From:Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Time:2017 Jul 5 (Wed) 23:47
To:dev <de...@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject:Re: ApacheCon slides with .odp extension

Huxing,

On 6/20/17 10:48 PM, Huxing Zhang wrote:
> These two pdf files are not accessible to me:
> http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encryp
t%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf

http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgra
des%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf

> I got 403 FORBIDDEN for the above links.

Apologies for the late reply: the permissions on these files have been
corrected.

I'm also going to be changing the public URLs to the presentations to
be the .pdf versions.

Thanks,
- -chris

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Chris,

These two pdf files are not accessible to me:
http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Let's%20Encrypt%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf
http://people.apache.org/~schultz/ApacheCon%20NA%202017/Seamless%20Upgrades%20for%20Credential%20Security%20in%20Apache%20Tomcat.pdf

I got 403 FORBIDDEN for the above links.

From:Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Time:2017 Jun 21 (Wed) 02:05
To:dev <de...@tomcat.apache.org>

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.