Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rodney Richison <ro...@rcrcomputing.com> on 2005/10/19 14:38:36 UTC

auto-create blacklist

Is there not a way to auto-create blacklists based on really high
scores, so the message can then be stoped by postfix at the mta level?

--
Highest Regards,

Rodney Richison
RCR Computing
http://www.rcrnet.net
118 N. Broadway
Cleveland, OK  74020
918-358-1111

Re: auto-create blacklist

Posted by Ellen Sleeter <sl...@main.morris.org>.
Parsing the first RECEIVED_FROM hop might work -- mail source -- rather
than the literal FROM: in the envelope.

--
ELLEN L. SLEETER
Network Services

Re: auto-create blacklist

Posted by MATSUDA Yoh-ichi <yo...@flcl.org>.
Hello.

From: Rodney Richison <ro...@rcrcomputing.com>
Subject: Re: auto-create blacklist
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:57:14 -0500

> was thinking more along the lines of by ip address.
> I see though, this might require a way for the user to whitelist himself
> via a html page.

Umm... also I don't think that this is a good idea.

Example: A spammer uses ISP's dynamic IP address (IP-A) and
send many spams.
Next, the spammer uses ISP's "new IP address" (IP-B)
by re-connecting to ISP quickly.
Then, a hammer logins and uses ISP's dynamic IP address (IP-A).

If your personal DNSBL has been registered IP-A and your MTA
uses the DNSBL for blocking IPs, you will fail to receive
the hammer's ham.

I think that IP address on DNSBL is a probability of spam.
Also I think that IP address is not a spam.

Almost all DNSBLs have some risks, especially ISP's dynamic IPs.
So, I recommend your auto-create blacklists (site-local/personal DNSBL)
on SpamAssassin, not MTA.

I agree your auto-create blacklists idea.
But, I don't recommend using blacklists on MTA.
It's a dangerous.

--
Nothing but a peace sign.
MATSUDA Yoh-ichi(yoh)