Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Lixin Meng <li...@fulldegree.com> on 2003/06/17 02:30:31 UTC

couldn't rename segments.new to segments

I have a program and try to index a large collection of XML files. After
about 9000 files (~2K each) , it will throw exception to complain that it
couldn't rename 'segments.new' to 'segments' or rename 'deletable.new' to
'deletable'. But the file 'segments.new' or 'deletable.new' has write
permission.

Has anybody come across this before? More information at the end of this
message.

Regards,
Lixin

All files are stored on local disk.

The actual message read as following:

-----------
... couldnt rename segments.new to segments  Error Code: (2830620)
------------

My java code looks like following:

----------------
    try {
      if (contentDoc != null) {
        writer.addDocument(contentDoc);
      }
    } catch (java.io.IOException e) {
      throw new XMLSearchException("Error adding doc " + urlPath +
          " to IndexWriter: " + e.getMessage());
    }

My machine has following configuration:

RE: couldn't rename segments.new to segments

Posted by Lixin Meng <li...@fulldegree.com>.
The Lucene jar file is 1.2-rc4, with JVM 1.3.1. It was on a single thread as
it tried to create a 'level-0' index.

I will try the latest build for it. Thanks.

Regards,
Lixin

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.