Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "carlo.bonamico" <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 09:16:44 UTC

Re: Difference between kahaPersistenceAdapter and kahaDB

Hi Gary,
 thank you again for your answers... also reading the pre-release of
ActiveMQ in Action was helpful. Just a final question: is
kahaPersistenceAdapter safe for persistent queues? can it be used in a
master-slave setup?

Re: Difference between kahaPersistenceAdapter and kahaDB

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
to have a guarantee that a sent message is actually on disk there
needs to be a disk sync. KahaDB does this by default, the
KahaPersistenceAdapter does not, by default it just does it on a
transaction boundary.

So KahaDB  behaves like KahaPersistenceAdapter when
enableJournalDiskSyncs="false"

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com

Re: Difference between kahaPersistenceAdapter and kahaDB

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Any of the file based stores can be used in the shared-file-system
master slave setup. Use KahaDB or the AMQPersistenceAdapter, the
kahaPersistenceAdapter is old hat at this stage.

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com