Posted to user@poi.apache.org by amp834 <am...@rqinc.com> on 2010/02/16 21:59:15 UTC

Re: Processing word documents recursively

I'm looking for the code mentioned below (I have downloaded poi-3.6).  Has it
made it there?  If not, is there a way I can get it?

I would like to save all embedded files (or "attachments") that are
contained in a .doc file.  (Also in .xls and other office files also, if
there are simple uniform ways of doing so).

Also, some binary files have the "ole package" wrapper, I have a hack from
an old post to unwrap them (haven't tested it yet), but if there is a
routine or library for it, it would make it easier!

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Yury Batrakov wrote:
> I've started implementing a feature to process embedded OLE2 documents.
> I've slightly modified HWPFDocument(POIFSFileSystem pfilesystem) to
> accept OLE directory name to look all desired streams there.

I've put something similar to this into trunk now. It works for
HSSFWorkbook, HWPFDocument and HSLFSlideShow, and there's some information
on the site under /poifs/.

I've also written some new unit tests for the handling of embeded
documents, which all pass, so hopefully you'll be able to use this to read
your embeded documents without any problems

Nick