Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "Chen, Ciyong" <ci...@intel.com> on 2020/05/10 11:52:53 UTC

Updates for 1.7.0 minor release

Hi MXNet Community,

Here's some updates after the code freeze.
1. Nightly tests[1] and nightly binaries tests[2] were enabled, many thanks to Chaitanya who helped to create and activate these jobs for v1.7.x branch.
2. A nightly test failure (incorrect with_seed path) was fixed by Chaitanya [3]
3. A bug fix for external graph pass by Sam [4]
4. Recently, there's another failed cased (test_large_vector.test_nn) in nightly test[5], and Chaitanya is helping to address this issue[6]

I'll keep monitoring the nightly test before making a rc0 tag.
Please let me know if you have any other issues that should be included/fixed in this release.

Thanks,
-Ciyong

-----------
[1] http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/view/Nightly%20Tests/job/NightlyTests/job/v1.7.x/
[2] http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/view/Nightly%20Tests/job/NightlyTestsForBinaries/job/v1.7.x/
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18220
[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18237
[5] http://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/job/NightlyTestsForBinaries/job/v1.7.x/2/execution/node/232/log/
[6] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18261

Posted by "Chen, Ciyong" <ci...@intel.com>.
Hi dev,

Thanks everyone for your great support to backport the necessary fixes into 1.7.x and identify & remove the (potential) block issue.
Today we've tagged the 1.7.0.rc0 for the upcoming 1.7.0 release, thanks for the help from @Tao.

The artifacts will be uploaded later, and we'll move forward with the rest of release process.
Again, thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
-Ciyong

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.