Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Nils Liebelt <ni...@candor.co.za> on 2005/02/08 15:02:58 UTC

OJB, MySQL, files, memory usage - Best way to go?

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a good way to store files. Right know I just store a link
to the file system in the database. But the application is going to be
deployed on two servers with two synchronizing MySQL databases. In the
current scenario I would have to find a way two synchronize the files on the
two filesystems. I think: "A bit messy". Storing the files as BLOB would be
a good solution if it is not too heavy on the memory.

What happens if I materialize a row with a big BLOB? All in memory?! Does
OJB stream?

Regards,

Nils