Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si> on 2007/03/09 14:01:44 UTC

GMail is now signing their mail with DKIM

In case this came by unnoticed, gmail.com is adding DKIM signatures
to their outgoing mail - for about two weeks now. Some initial
problems seem to be solved by now.

For verifying signatures stick to the most current versions of Mail::DKIM
(0.23) when checking from a SpamAssassin DKIM plugin or through dkimproxy.

If using a milter, the dkim-milter is at 0.6.1 now, stick to the most
recent version.

I updated slightly the howto to reflect the current situation:
  http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#dkim

Some selected recent notes from a [dkim-milter-discuss] mailing list,
I hope you don't mind (btw, Murray is the developer of dkim-milter):

Murray S. Kucherawy:
  GMail now signs with DKIM ...and it verifies with 0.6.1.  Good stuff!

Ben Lentz:
  They must have *just* fixed that. I noticed they were doing DKIM a week
  or more ago, but I couldn't get it to verify. Now it does! Awesome!

Murray S. Kucherawy:
  They had an experimental implementation that wasn't quite right.
  Michael from Cisco was working with them to get it in line.
  Apparently they pushed a patch recently because it's working today.

  I don't think they're verifying inbound (yet) but I would imagine it's
  in the plan.  This is exciting stuff though because it should encourage
  momentum toward more widespread adoption.  Everyone else was saying "We'll
  do it when everyone else does it" so we needed one big trailblazer to get
  the ball rolling.  Maybe this is it.
[...]

  - Yahoo has said they'll move to DKIM as soon as they can get enough
  developer cycles to do so and the spec has solidified.

  - I'm in discussions with AOL about altering libdkim to meet their
  integration needs.

Re: GMail is now signing their mail with DKIM

Posted by Frank Bures <li...@chem.toronto.edu>.