Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk> on 2005/04/30 21:17:51 UTC

[configuration] XMLPropertiesConfiguration.load SAX todo

Hi folks,
I wonder if I could possibly submit a todo implementation for
org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLPropertiesConfiguration.

I was looking at the XML part as we're thinking of using
commons-configuration in the Bodington VLE and saw a todo for converting
XMLPropertiesConfiguration.load() from Digester to SAX.

I'd like to do the "include" todo as well if that's ok as it's a feature
we could use for the VLE.

Should I send the modified source to the list?

cheers,

Alistair

--
Alistair Young
Senior Software Engineer

Re: [configuration] XMLPropertiesConfiguration.load SAX todo

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the code Alistair, I tweaked it a bit and commited it in
SVN. Regarding the includes I'm no longer convinced we should implement
it in XMLPropertiesConfiguration as well. I feel we'd better rely on
CompositeConfiguration/ConfigurationFactory to build a configuration
from several files. This may open the path to a removal of the
set/getBasePath methods and a substantial simplification of the
FileConfiguration implementation.

Emmanuel Bourg

Posted by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk>.
Thanks Emmanuel,