Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2021/11/16 16:46:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] New repository for website - pulsar-site

Hi -

There are two efforts happening in the community around website refresh.

(1) Docusaurus upgrades.
(2) New web design.

There is an effort to eliminate all the extra commits in the asf-site branch of the main repository. In that thread I proposed a new repository for the website.

We can then discuss migration and development both on this mailing list and as PRs and Issues in that repository.

Do we want to have a PIP process here or can we be less formal? I think that PRs. Issues, and simple commits can be sufficient.

Unless there are objections I will create a new repository - pulsar-site on Friday in 72 hours.
‘
Regards,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] New repository for website - pulsar-site

Posted by Li Li <ll...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
+1, Yes, Dave is right.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi Li Li,

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22778 for further instructions.

All the best,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
It’s a bit late in my evening.

Posted by Leo <ur...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi Liu Yu,

Posted by Liu Yu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il Gio 18 Nov 2021, 20:32 Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> I’m making progress here, but I need help getting the pulsarbot GH secret
> into the pulsar-site repository.

You have to open a INFRA ticket

Enrico

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that should work.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
How might the planned move of various components and adaptors out of the main repository impact the choice to have the docs in the main repository?

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
I agree with that.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Dave,