Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benji Shults <Be...@ecologicanalytics.com> on 2012/04/06 20:24:51 UTC

HTTP 200 responses on bad requests

I'm using CXF 2.3.4.

I am seeing CXF return HTTP response code 200 when the XML payload fails
XSD validation.  The chain is stopped when it gets to
DocLiteralInInterceptor but the response code seems to be set to 200
immediately and it never changes on the way out.

I would expect to see something in the 400-range (probably 400).

Am I missing something?

Benji Shults

Re: HTTP 200 responses on bad requests

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, April 06, 2012 01:24:51 PM Benji Shults wrote:
> I'm using CXF 2.3.4.
>
> I am seeing CXF return HTTP response code 200 when the XML payload fails
> XSD validation.  The chain is stopped when it gets to
> DocLiteralInInterceptor but the response code seems to be set to 200
> immediately and it never changes on the way out.
>
> I would expect to see something in the 400-range (probably 400).

It should be a 500 response code with a SOAP fault.  Can you try a newer
version of CXF?   Likely already fixed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp