Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/10/26 15:28:15 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #7999 Admin page to really delete projects

Yep.  Maybe in the future we'd let users delete their own project too, in combination with the `allow_project_delete` setting somehow.

---

** [tickets:#7999] Admin page to really delete projects**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-current sf-8 42cc
**Created:** Mon Oct 05, 2015 02:38 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:33 AM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

Admins should be able to really delete projects, not just soft-delete.  (Here's all the things we can do, possibly break out into separate tickets)

* create admin page with a textarea in which project names or urls can be entered, whitespace separated.
* `ProjectRegistrationProvider` should have a method to parse the (nbhd,project) out of each URL, so that custom sites urls can be parsed specially if needed.
* to actually do the removal, SF can contribute our `forge-classic/scripts/purge-project` logic.  Just need to do a little refactoring:
    * remove `find_project_by_unix_name` usage, it should work with a (nbhd,project) or such
    * probably good to make it a `ScriptTask` so it can be run that way too
    * forge-classic script should call the new script
* fire an event so other custom hooks can do things upon project deletion if needed
* /nf/admin/new_projects already builds a list of project names at the bottom of the page as you click the checkboxes.  Enhance that list of names to link over to to the project deletion form.
* include a text box for "reason".  Log it to disk, and include in the event parameters.
* have a checkbox for "Disable all project members".  It should disable all users that are admins or devs of the project.  And add a user audit log comment, noting the related project and the "reason" given.
* document it in administration.rst

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/