Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Oren Shemesh <or...@qwilt.com> on 2017/01/11 09:25:13 UTC

Problem creating a delivery service from Traffic Portal

I am trying to use Traffic portal (Installed TC version 1.7), and I cannot
create a new delivery service.

It takes me through all the various configuration screens, but when I click
"Submit Request" it responds with "500: Internal Server Error".
The operation seems to indeed cause an internal server error, because the
traffic ops log has these two lines, for every submit attempt that I make
from the portal:

[2017-01-11 06:55:04,205] [ERROR] error closing /usr/lib/sendmail: No child
processes (exit -1)
[2017-01-11 06:55:04,207] [ERROR]

I tried using /usr/lib/sendmail on the traffic ops machine and it works OK.
I am logged into the portal as 'admin'.

Any ideas ?

--

*Oren Shemesh*
Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221637| Mobile: +972-50-2281168 | orens@qwilt.com

Re: Problem creating a delivery service from Traffic Portal

Posted by Oren Shemesh <or...@qwilt.com>.
Here is the error message I get, on the screen, when I do this:

Traffic Ops fatal error occurred while processing your request.
________________________________
Error at line 2732 ( close SENDMAIL || die "error closing $p{Sendmail}: $!
(exit $?)\n";)
________________________________
error closing /usr/lib/sendmail: No child processes (exit -1)

I get this message for any e-mail address I type into the dialog box that
pops.

Are there any configurations that need to be done (In the Users table ? In
the 'portal' user settings ?) for this to work ?

Note that I understood now that maybe I do not understand how TO users
relate to the Portal.
I have asked a separate question on this mailing list regarding this.

Thanks, Oren.

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.