Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2004/11/18 22:39:24 UTC

apr/random/* code

The anouncement:

  *) [NOT COMMITTED?] Add a new PRNG. Note that the implementation of SHA-256
     is a stop-gap pending snarfing the SHA-1 implementation from apr-util
     and upgrading it to do SHA-256. Not yet ready for prime time.
     [Ben Laurie]

keeps floating on up CHANGES, despite the fact that this "not ready for
prime time" code is actually in APR 1.0 but has remained basically
untouched since being committed about 12 months ago.  So what's up?  If
it's not ready for the prime time and it's not being developed it should
be removed except I suppose we're now committed to maintaining this for
1.x for compatibility reasons.

APR pollutes the symbol namespace because of this code which is
annoying.

$ nm -D .libs/libapr-1.so | grep SHA
0001871c T SHA256_Data

joe