Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 18:31:00 UTC

Chalk (Scala spinoff from OpenNLP)

Hey all,

I've just posted an initial 1.0 release of Chalk, which is pretty much
OpenNLP v1.5.3, but set up for Scala development and with a bit of package
renaming:

http://jasonbaldridge.github.com/chalk/

My basic motive is to be able to indulge my Scala urges (especially to use
Akka in the context of an NLP architecture), but building on OpenNLP and
incorporating some of the stuff I've done in Scalabha and Breeze (both
Scala libraries). Right now, of course, the functionality is no different
from OpenNLP, but that should change pretty soon.

Jason

--
Jason Baldridge
Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics