Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Cole, Larry" <la...@hp.com> on 2003/10/23 14:33:47 UTC

write protect branch in local mode ?

I am running svn in local mode.  Production code releases are moved to a 'releases' branch.  It there any means (other than those identified in the start-commit hook script) to prevent any changes to the 'releases' branch ?  I assume the --username and --password switches are not valid in local mode when using file:///  URLs ?

 Thands

Larry Cole, CISSP
HP Services
Greenbelt, Maryland
email:   larry.cole@hp.com

Re: write protect branch in local mode ?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
"Cole, Larry" <la...@hp.com> writes:

> I am running svn in local mode.  Production code releases are moved to
> a 'releases' branch.  It there any means (other than those identified
> in the start-commit hook script) to prevent any changes to the
> 'releases' branch ?  I assume the --username and --password switches
> are not valid in local mode when using file:/// URLs ?

There is no authentication or authorization when accessing file:///
URLs, other than what the operating system provides.  Anyone can
hand-edit the berkeleyDB files, if the OS allows it... so there's no
point in subversion "pretending" to have a security system.