Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Rodrigo Kumpera <ku...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/19 23:25:06 UTC

[license] Contributions from tainted developers?

Hi,
 What can someone that agreed to the SCSL contribute?
 I've agreed on the SCSL for the 1.4.2 JVM and I want to contribute to
Harmony.
 I did a carefull reading of the license and in my layman's undestanding,
I cannot contribute to anything that is convered by the 1.4.2 spec since it
would
need to be under the SCSL, but this also means that I can do 1.5 only stuff.
 The license has termination terms, but I have no clue if requesting it
and destroying all copies of SCSL covered stuff would make me "untainted".

Re: [license] Contributions from tainted developers?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 19, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Rodrigo Kumpera wrote:

> Hi,
>  What can someone that agreed to the SCSL contribute?
>  I've agreed on the SCSL for the 1.4.2 JVM and I want to contribute to
> Harmony.
>  I did a carefull reading of the license and in my layman's
> undestanding,
> I cannot contribute to anything that is convered by the 1.4.2 spec
> since it
> would
> need to be under the SCSL, but this also means that I can do 1.5
> only stuff.
>  The license has termination terms, but I have no clue if
> requesting it
> and destroying all copies of SCSL covered stuff would make me
> "untainted".

This is an important issue and recognize that it and related can have
some far-reaching effects for us.  There will be a post later about
this.  Please be patient and hang tight - we'll deal with it.

geir

geirm@apache.org