Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2007/10/10 13:37:06 UTC

xs maps

Hi,

can someone shed some light on the first characters in *_structures.map files?
For example in

<apr_bucket_type_t>
<  name
-  num_func
</apr_bucket_type_t>

<apr_bucket>
>  link
<  type
</apr_bucket>

<apr_bucket_brigade>
~  pool
</apr_bucket_brigade>
<apr_uri_t>
&  scheme
   hostinfo
-  dns_resolved
</apr_uri_t>

What do these [ $%><~-?&!] mean?

$ perl -MData::Dumper -ne '/^(.)\s/ and $h{$1}++; END{print Dumper(\%h)}'
*_structures.map
$VAR1 = {
          '$' => 10,
          ' ' => 134,
          '%' => 6,
          '#' => 6,
          '>' => 24,
          '~' => 14,
          '-' => 48,
          '?' => 2,
          '&' => 14,
          '<' => 81,
          '!' => 12
        };

Torsten

Re: xs maps

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can someone shed some light on the first characters in *_structures.map files?

see lib/ModPerl/MapUtil.pm

--Geoff

Re: xs maps

Posted by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday 10 October 2007 13:37, Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> can someone shed some light on the first characters in *_structures.map
> files?

To answer my own question. They are explained in lib/ModPerl/MapUtil.pm.

Torsten