Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Perry Harrington <pe...@webcom.com> on 2002/06/25 03:32:56 UTC

Apache core dump

I cannot for the life of me get Apache to dump a core file.

I have the Coredirectory set to a writable directory, and I even modified
the signal handler to simply call abort after chdir.

I even tried setting the CORE rlimit size to RLIM_INFINITY.

Does anyone have a clue why this is barfing?

When I truss the process, it catches the signal and goes about cleaning up,
the abort doesn't trigger a core file.

This is driving me batty!

I have the accept mutex using fcntl locking and I linked it without pthread
support, so threading shouldn't be the cause.

I event commented out the SIGABRT handlers so it would default to the system
handler.

Solaris 2.6 system, latest cluster bunch.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington                 Director of                    zelur xuniL  ()
perry at webcom dot com      System Architecture                Think Blue.  /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Apache core dump

Posted by Perry Harrington <pe...@webcom.com>.
coreadm is new to 2.7, I'm running 2.6.

And to answer the next posters' question, ulimit is unlimited.

I'll have to look into that dump core setuid thing, thanks,

--Perry

Re: Apache core dump

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.

Posted by di...@covalent.net.
> I cannot for the life of me get Apache to dump a core file.
..
> the abort doesn't trigger a core file.

What does ulimit give you ? and what does coreadm give you ?

Dw