Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gr...@servicecanada.gc.ca on 2006/08/30 19:16:37 UTC

Obtaining Messages for different Locale

I have a Tapestry 4 page that generates some reports in 2 languages, English or French.

The page itself can be view in English/French like a regular bilingual application. However regardless of which language you're using to surf the application, this page will generate 2 reports, one in each language.

How can I use the Message handling of Tapestry for this? My issue is in my Page, I have for example

okButtion (Cycle aCycle)
{
  ReportingFoobar foo = new ReportingFoobar(getMessages());
  foo.generateReports();
}

However, as you can see, foo only has access to 1 Messages object, which is the Locale the user is currently browsing in.

How can I pass the POJO 2 Messages objects, one for each Locale? I've tried forcing a setLocale() before the getMessages() calls but you can't change a pages Locale when you're already inside!!

Thanks,
Greg