Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Markus KARG <ma...@gmx.net> on 2009/02/21 10:25:00 UTC

[Newbie Question] Why not sending to multiple brokers directly from client?

Here is another newbie question...: :-)

William Henry wrote:

" So the producer posts messages using AMQP to an exchange on the broker and
the message is transfered to the consumer(s) using AMQP."

I wonder why the QPID client is sending to a QPID server first, which then
will forward to a different vendor's server -- wouldn't it make sense if the
QPID client directly sends to the different vendor's server and only does
the detour via the QPID server if the different vendor's server is not
accessible currently? This would increase the overall availability of the
system, since each client will always find some broker being able to store
and forward, even if the own QPID server is currently shut down. I mean,
what should be the benefit of sending it via "the own" server always instead
of first trying to deliver directly?

Thanks

Markus